We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
There is nothing more important than that new life that will come to the world ... so let's guarantee its healthy growth! The best way to do it is making sure you get all the necessary nutrients since it is in the womb. And of course, avoiding those foods that can be harmful for its proper development.
There are some foods that are discouraged during pregnancy. They may not need to be banned, but you should avoid them. We tell you what are those 9 foods that a pregnant woman should not take.
1. Unwashed food: Consuming unwashed food could imply the risk of developing a parasite or bacterial infection, in the mother as well as in the fetus. The Toxoplasma parasite severely affects the baby's nervous system, ears, eyesight and causes premature births.
2. Caffeine: Drinking a lot of caffeine during pregnancy is linked to an increased risk of miscarriage, stillbirth and premature delivery, this also limits the development and growth of the fetus.
3. Dairy and fresh fruit juices: Non-pasteurized products could contain bacteria such as E. Coli or Listeria, as well as other parasites and viruses could infect the baby and mother. Don't drink fruit juices or milk if you are not sure they are pasteurized.
4. Processed meat, raw or undercooked: In the same way as fruits, undercooked or raw meat can host different pathogenic organisms, including the parasite Toxoplasma. Toxoplasmosis is high in vitamin A and causes vision problems.
5. Viscera: The viscera have a high content of vitamin A of animal origin and copper, its excessive consumption during pregnancy could cause malformations in the baby.
6. Raw or undercooked fish: A pregnant woman is 17 times more vulnerable to contracting an infection caused by Listeria than any other woman. Listeriosis or Listeria infection increases the chances of miscarriage, premature delivery, and fetal death in utero.
7. Alcohol: Drinking alcohol during pregnancy is associated with an increased risk of preterm birth, stillbirth, sudden infant death syndrome, and abortion. Also, the fetus can develop fetal alcohol syndrome, which means that it could suffer from mental retardation, facial deformations and heart defects.
8. Fish exposed to mercury: Large fish such as mackerel, swordfish or tuna among others, can contain large amounts of mercury, so its consumption during pregnancy could significantly damage the fetus' brain and nervous system.
9. Processed foods: These products have a lot of trans fats, calories, sugar and other artificial substances that are harmful to your child's health and yours. Eating large amounts of processed foods increases the risk of gestational diabetes and obesity.
Natalia Olivares. Nutritionist
You can read more articles similar to 9 foods that a pregnant woman should not eat, in the Diet category - menus on site.